Tuesday 1 November 2011

Impressions: inFamous Festival of Blood

inFamous is one of those games that I bought at launch and never really got around to playing for more than an hour or so. (Mainly due to my mate borrowing it and not returning it for about a month by which time I was playing something else so couldn't be arsed with it, plus by then I had dismissed it as just a crackdown clone) So just why I bought inFamous: Festival of Blood is beyond me, I think it was the price and the fact that being a member of Playstation Plus I got an extra bit off that tempted me to get it.


In festival of blood Cole brings back to life the vampire queen Bloody Mary (Whoever thought of that shitty name needs a swift kick to the head) who then ends up turning him into a vampire. Left with the choice of either defeating the vampire before sunrise or becoming her slave for eternity Cole has little choice but to kick her ass back to hell. (Or wherever dead vampires go when they die before being resurrected)


What then follows is a very enjoyable action game that has you searching for vampires, fighting vampires and er.. other vampire stuff including biting innocent civilians necks to feed on their blood to gain the power of flight. (Which see's you turning into a swarm of bats) You also gain vampire vision and sense that sees your head turning read when a first born vampire is around. Activating your vamp vision makes humans turn pink while the first borns are blue, this makes it easier to spot them so you can stab them in the face with the stake/sword combo you carry about.


Festival weighs in with around 4-5 hours or so of game play if you don't include the UGC (User generated content) which is basically a pile of shite, or run through the game as quick as you can. Personally I quite enjoyed the whole experience of playing Festival of Blood and would recommend getting it due to the low price. (around £8 or so) Some people may moan about the short amount of time it takes to complete, yet to me it feels just right as you can't really drag the storyline out any more than Sucker Punch did without it getting tiresome. I would have to say that the best part of the game for me was the flying through the city as bats, I really thought that was a really nice touch and added something new. Overall I would have to give inFamous: Festival of Blood a solid

No comments:

Post a Comment