Sunday 14 April 2013

Revisit: Burnout Legends (PSP)

I recently went hunting in my loft for something the other day when I stumbled across my boxed up PSP games. After having a look through I decided to steal my son's PSP since he doesn't use it and give Burnout Legends a whirl once again. I have to say I have no idea how I managed to see everything on this game, either my eye sight has deteriorated (Eye test said it hasn't) or I have just got used to playing in HD on a big screen. Despite this the game is still just as fun to play these days as back upon its first release (although you will still groan when you hit oncoming traffic that you see at the last moment) and loads pretty fast considering how old it is.



I have to say though that the game is ideal for quick blasts here and there while on lunch at work or even just for the 5 minute poop at home. I have to say that the only real thing wrong with the game is the controls are uncomfortable, but that isn't down to the game but the shitty PSP itself. (Which leaves you with an aching thumb hours after using it for long periods of time)



The music soundtrack is also as good today as it was upon the games release with a lot of the tracks coming from Burnout: Takedown (Albeit with only a few tracks making the transition due to the small memory of the umd disk) which was also an awesome game. The crash mode is still playable, although it is less fun than in the modern Burnout releases due to modern games improving on the original mode, add in the fact that the after touch doesn't really work to well on the PSP's small screen.



The game is basically a mix and match of levels from the first 3 games in the Burnout series and as such if you have ever played any of those games then you will remember some of the levels with fondness. Unlike some other games Burnout Legends has aged pretty well, although some of this may be contributed to the fact that it is on a small screen as apposed to being on a 42 inch tv. All in all though Burnout Legends is still worth a quick blast these days and although I can't see myself playing the game in a couple of months it's going to keep me entertained for quite a bit of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment