Sunday 29 April 2012

Finishing The Fight Er.. No I think I will play Horde instead

Well my missus decided that I needed a little treat for being so good and putting up with her moods while pregnant. (Which was really easy as she thinks she has been going mental when she hasn't) So she let me get a new Xbox 360, so once again I have something to play all the games that have been sat on my shelf collecting dust while my PS3 games get all the attention.


So one of the games that I got was Gears of War 3, a game I really wanted so I could see how the story ended as I quite enjoyed the other 2 games in the series. (Although I wasn't to keen on the multi-player modes apart from Horde) So as soon as I set up the Xbox I decided to give Gears a whirl, strangely though I haven't really bothered much with the story as much as I thought I would have. Instead I jumped straight into playing Horde mode online with some randoms.


This really isn't a good thing to do if you want to play from start to finish as quite a bit of the time you get them leaving after about 10 waves or so leaving just 2 of you playing the rest of the waves until the other player quits and you are all on your own with hardly any chance of beating the AI opponents. (Which is pretty shitty when you are on wave 39 of 50 and getting your ass handed to you) Despite this though I am really enjoying Horde mode and can see myself playing Gears a lot more than I ever thought I would, although I still refuse to buy all the add-on map packs and other crap. Hopefully some of my xbox live buddies will hop back onto Gears again sometime soon after they get bored of everything else, until then though I am stuck playing the game with randoms that will disconnect when the game gets a bit tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment